Google AdSense is one of the best ad networks for new bloggers and website owners. It is easy to signup for AdSense and starts earning from what you’re doing. In fact, a large number of publishers solely rely on AdSense as their primary income.
In case you’re having trouble signup or signing up by mistake, if you already have an AdSense account then you may need to close your AdSense account.
Now we will show you how to delete a Google AdSense Account properly with possible alternative ways.
Things to Note
Closing your AdSense is a good option if you’re having problems with your existing Google AdSense account. But remember the following things before you can proceed to delete your account:
- There is no guarantee that this process will solve your “Already have an AdSense account” policy issue.
- Site policy violation/suspension.
- Payments will be given to the account holder if:
- Your account balance is greater than the cancellation threshold.
- Your address is verified.
- Your account has no payment holds.
- You can’t proceed to close your account if you haven’t verified your address or there is a payment hold in your account.
Delete/Close AdSense Account from AdSense Settings
Google AdSense provides an option to its users to close their accounts if they no longer want to use it.
You can do this following the steps:
- Loin to your Google AdSense account.
- Find Account>Settings>Account information from the side navigation.
- Click on Close account.
- Choose a reason for account closing and agree with the terms.
- Finally, click on the Close my account button.
Delete AdSense Account by Closing Google Payments Profile
All Google AdSense accounts are linked with a specific Google Payments Profile. Closing the Google Payments Profile will also close the Google AdSense account.
To do this just follow the steps:
- Go to myaccount.google.com
- Select Payments and Subscriptions from the side navigation. Under the Payments methods tab, select Manage payment methods.
- Under the Settings tab, scroll down to the Payments profile status. Then click on Close Payments profile. It may ask you to verify your details.
- Choose a reason from the dropdown and Continue to close your payments profile.
- Once it is closed, your AdSense account will be closed after a few minutes.
AdSense is a good way to start earning from your website. But sometimes their false positive policy violations are really frustrating for users. So the above guide will be helpful for those who want to delete their Google AdSense account for any reason. You can find more useful articles on AdSense from here.